The clinicians at River Valley Physical Therapy Spine and Joint Center are highly trained in the evaluation, treatment, and prevention of orthopedic and sports injuries. We provide care based on the current best evidence and use state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment to facilitate a rapid recovery for even the most involved patients.
We know that getting patients back to their active lifestyles is a top priority, and that physical therapy here at River Valley Physical Therapy Spine and Joint Center is a great first step in the process.
Experience and cutting-edge modalities, that used to be only available to professional athletes, are now available to the community members we serve. We take pride in providing one-on-one attention, in a warm and caring environment, to each of the patients that come through our doors.
We see a variety of patients each with their own specific needs, daily demands, and personal goals. That’s why we take the extra time to provide a customized program to each new patient we see.
Services We Provide
- Post-Surgical Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Acute, Chronic Rehab
- Joint Replacement Rehab
- Spine Rehabilitation/Core Stabilization
- Sports Injury Rehab
Manual therapy is a hands-on treatment by clinicians to treat muscle aches, joint pain, and limited range of motion. It encompasses a variety of techniques including soft tissue mobilization of muscles, specific joint mobilization, and joint manipulation.
The three most notable forms of manual therapy are:
- Manipulation is the application of a rapid force into a joint(s). Manipulation is often associated with an audible popping sound called cavitation.
- Mobilization is a slower, more controlled process of articular and soft-tissue stretching intended to improve joint mobility.
- Massage is typically the repetitive rubbing, stripping or kneading of muscle and fascia tissues to facilitate healing.
Manual therapy has been proven to be an important part of an overall conservative treatment plan for a variety of conditions including:
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Stiffness/ Limited Range of Motion
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfers Elbow
- Pinched Nerves
- Limited Joint Range of Motion
- Capsule Tightness
- Postsurgical Stiffness
- Much More
Manual therapy is typically part of a complete treatment plan that is customized for your specific needs. Give us a call to learn how we can incorporate manual therapy into your rehabilitation program.