Gerard Breuker (Practice Owner)
PT, DPT, MSC, OCS, FAAOMPT
Gerard is a specialist in orthopedic physical therapy and has been practicing physical therapy since 1989. Gerard has worked in hospitals, out-patient clinics, rehabilitation centers and private practices in the Netherlands and in the US. He is married to Margriet Edelman and together they have 3 children. The Breuker family enjoys living in Manteno, Illinois.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Evidence In Motion Institute of Health Professions, Louisville, KY, 2016
- Master of Science (Evidence Based Practice), University of Amsterdam-Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2005
- Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy, summa cum laude), International Academy for Physiotherapy, Utrecht, the Netherlands, 1989
- Completed the Executive Program in Private Practice Management, Evidence In Motion Institute of Health Professions, Louisville, KY, 2017
- Completed Fellowship in Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, The Manual Therapy Institute, Park City, Utah, 2013
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy (OCS), APTA 2010
- Certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment (MDT),The McKenzie Institute, 2007
PT, MPT, OCS, CertMDT
Melissa is the senior physical therapist at RVPT. She has worked in hospital and private practice settings. While in the acute care setting, she worked primarily with orthopedic and neurological patients, and has extensive experience treating post-surgical orthopedic patients. Her main goal as a therapist is to aide patients in improving their functional mobility and quality of life.
Melissa resides in Bourbonnais with her husband Brian and their 3 children.
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy from Governors State University, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management/Exercise Science from Olivet Nazarene University, 2003
- Orthopedic Clinic Specialist - certified by the APTA
- Certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (often called the "McKenzie Method")
- Member of American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
Since graduating from the Chicago School of Massage Therapy in 2001, Denise has been helping her clients to relieve stress, tension and chronic pain, as well as improving their circulation and range of motion. She has worked in environments ranging from medical spas, holistic centers and people's homes. Commitment to continue her education is what puts her on the leading edge of massage therapy, giving an advantage to her clients to receive a well rounded approach to their treatment. She resides in Bourbonnais with her husband and two sons.
Bio Coming Soon
Kara is our Office Manager and the first person to meet when entering the clinic. She keeps the office running smoothly, pulling from her 10+ years of experience as an administrative assistant. Kara has been a part of River Valley Physical Therapy since its inception in 2008 and has is a great resource for identifying and explaining physical therapy insurance benefits.
Kara is a graduate of the Associate's in Administrative Assistant Program at Kankakee Community College and is crucial in keeping the clinic's office operating smoothly and efficiently. Together with her husband Mike and son, Nolan, Kara is a longtime resident of the Kankakee area.
You can call Kara between 7:30AM and 4:00PM at (815) 802-7503 to get more information about River Valley Physical Therapy or to set up an appointment with one of the physical therapists.
Corinne is our Office Assistant, design guru, and helps with whatever task is needed around the clinic. Whether she is welcoming patients, doing laundry, scheduling appointments or designing advertising ideas, Corinne loves being part of River Valley and learning how to better serve the patients and staff.
Corinne joined River Valley Physical Therapy in the summer of 2013.
Corinne graduated from Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, IL with a degree in Theology/Church and Ministry Leadership. She resides in Bourbonnais.